- Article: Managing allergic rhinitis
- Author: Linda Pearce is respiratory nurse consultant and clinical lead Suffolk COPD Services, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds.
- Environmental changes influence pollen seasons
- Rhinitis can be classified as allergic or non-allergic
- Symptoms are debilitating and limit activity
- Treatment should be started promptly
- Rhinitis and asthma often coexist
- Why are cases of allergic rhinitis increasing in the UK?
- What questions would you ask patients who you suspect have allergic rhinitis?
- How can allergic rhinitis affect performance at school and work?
- What advice would you give students who experience seasonal rhinitis at exam time?
- How would you explain the technique for using a nasal spray to patients?