- Article: Learning the lessons of moving education online
- Author: Andrea Corbett is senior lecturer, School of Nursing, Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki, New Zealand; Simon Browes is honorary nurse researcher, Western Institute of Technology, and PhD research student, University of Nottingham.
- Many assumptions about online delivery are not borne out in practice
- Students need to be prepared for online study; this includes clarity about what is expected and required of them
- Course designers should explore if online learning allows things to be done differently
- Existing tutors should be involved in online course design
- Online courses shoud be underpinned with sound learning and teaching principles
- What are the benefits of online learning?
- How would you prepare to for an online course?
- What support would you expect from lecturers providing an online course?
- Do students perform better in assessments following online or face-to-face courses?