A former deputy chief nursing officer and a nurse entrepreneur were among the latest recipients of Queen’s birthday honours.
Kate Billingham, who was deputy chief nursing officer for England from 2001 to 2007 and is currently leading the Department of Health’s Family Nurse Partnership programme, received a CBE.
Former primary care trust nursing director Jo Pritchard, who co-founded the first NHS social enterprise scheme Central Surrey Health, received an MBE.
Other nurses on the honours list included:
Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Professor Susan Downe: Director of research in childbirth and health unit and professor of midwifery studies, University of Central Lancashire
- Colonel David McArthur: Formerly of the Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps, Territorial Army
Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- Ena Bingham: Epilepsy nurse specialist in Northern Ireland
- Pauline Byers: Nurse and company director, Practice Development Unit, Derby
- Mary Ruth Clarke: Head of midwifery services, Belfast Trust and chair, Managers’ Forum, Royal College of Midwives Northern Ireland Board
- Christine Cole: Epilepsy nurse specialist, Hertfordshire
- Colin Godfrey: Activities development nurse, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Lieutenant Commander Debra Hounsome: Queen Alexandra’s Royal Naval Nursing Service
- Uriel Jamieson: Former head of policy and business support, Chief Nursing Officer Directorate, Scottish Government
- Richard Jones: Former deputy director and head of the employment relations team, Royal College of Nursing
- Kathleen Lovatt: Health visitor. NHS Sheffield
- Helen MacKinnon: Director of Nursing, NHS Education for Scotland
- Teresa Neate: Practice Educator/Adviser, District Nursing, Lansdowne Hospital, Cardiff
- David Nunn: Community Psychiatric Nurse, Derbyshire Mental Health Services NHS Trust
- Lieutenant Colonel Helen Singh: Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps, Territorial Army
- Diana Wharton: Practice Nurse, Ministry of Defence
Royal Red Cross, Second Class
- Sergeant Lindsay Devonport: Queen Alexandra’s Royal Army Nursing Corps