Nursingtimes.net users can now search the healthcare information website NHS Evidence via a new search bar.
The search bar can be found on every page of nursingtimes.net. Look for it in the right column, under the “most popular” box.
About NHS Evidence
NHS Evidence allows everyone working in health and social care to access a wide range of health information to help them deliver quality patient care. Launched in April 2009, NHS Evidence:
- has a fast, free and easy to use search to help users search for the information they want
- ranks search results from credible medical sources according to relevance and quality
- allows users - through My Evidence - to personalise a search and register to receive the latest health information
- awards an Accreditation Mark to organisations who meet high quality standards in developing health information
What’s on NHS Evidence
NHS Evidence provides free access to clinical and non-clinical information - local, regional, national and international. Information includes evidence, guidance and government policy. NHS staff who have an Athens account can also get free access to paid for journals.
Who is NHS Evidence for?
NHS Evidence is for everyone in health and social care who takes decisions about treatments or the use of resources including:
- GPs and nurses
- Commissioners and service managers
- Allied health professionals
- Public health teams
- Librarians, researchers and medical students