This page pulls together the latest science on the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 (swine flu) virus. It is intended as a resource for health professionals who want to know more about the finer details of the developing swine flu pandemic.
Below you will find a range of links to international scientific resources on swine flu.
Journals and research
- The Lancet H1N1 Flu Resource Centre brings together swine flu related content from over 40 journals and 11 learned societies. Free access to all content.
- Nature includes articles on the history of swine flu and a blog rounding up the latest swine flu news from around the globe.
- The New England Journal of Medicine H1N1 Influenza Center features articles, review papers and surveillance updates of swine flu news.
- The British Medical Journal’s swine flu blog is updated regularly. The site also has a swine flu patient information leaflet and a section on swine flu in BMJ BestPractice.
- The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP). A good resource with the latest news, and a useful overview of the pandemic.
- Eurosurveillance. An open access peer-reviewed journal about infectious diseases surveillance, prevention and control.
- PatientUK has swine flu information for patients as given by healthcare professionals.
- Health Protection Agency
- Department of Health
- Chief Medical Officer for England
- Scotland: Health Protection Scotland
- Wales: National Public Health Service for Wales
- Northern Ireland: nidirect
- World Health Organization Pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- US Pandemic Flu.gov
- US National Library of Medicine. Enviro-Health links 2009 H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
- Medline Plus, health information for the US public
- Promed, from the international society for infectious diseases, is a useful electronic global reporting system for emerging infectious diseases.
- Gene sequencing and related resources. GenBank, National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Database of influenza genomic sequences and related information. BioHealthBase Bioinformatics Resource Center
- Analysis of genetic data for the origin and evolution of swine flu virus. Human/Swine A/H1N1 Influenza Origins and Evolution
- Flu Wiki
- Wikipedia. 2009 flu pandemic
- Flu tracker Map
- HealthMap. Global Disease Alert Map Microsoft Bing. 2009 Swine Flu H1N1 Outbreak and Migration Map
- Facebook group. AH1N1 Swine Flu 2009
- Google.org. Explore flu trends around the world
- Twitter aggregator. Outbreak.tweetmeme
- A/H1N1 Influenza Outbreak Timeline
Health & Medical organisations
- The Royal College of General Practitioners: Information for GPs looking to prepare for enquiries about H1N1 and a preparation checklist
- British Medical Association: pandemic flu guidance for GPs