UNISON has announced it will be holding its next healthcare assistants conference on 21 September at the TUC in London.
The conference is for and about HCAs working in all settings and will cover a range of themes including:
- What are HCAs doing in the service today?
- What is the future of the role?
- What lessons can we learn from the devolved countries?
- What competencies should all HCAs have irrespective of where they work?
- What is the difference between skill levels and pay bands?
- What should HCAs do if are asked to undertake something they do not feel they can do safely and effectively?
- How might HCAs be regulated in the future?
- Why are HCAs fundamental to patient care?
How to register
Registration is open to anyone, if you are a UNISON member you should speak to your local branch about attending this conference as they may be able to assist in your travel and accommodation if needed.
Download a registration form (PDF) and return it with payment to Gail Adams, head of nursing, at the address detailed.