- Article: Carter G, Taylor R (2012) Effects of being a patient on student development. Nursing Times; 108: 20, 21-23.
- Policy is aiming to put service users at the heart of the healthcare experience
- Nurses are ideally placed to take compassionate, person-centred care forward
- Engaging service users in nursing education is crucial to developing nurses who are well prepared for practice
- Storytelling has provided insights into the healthcare experiences that professionals provide
- This patient story appears to have affected how students and mentors see their therapeutic relationships with service users
- Do our personal experiences of health care influence how we practice?
- Outline how you think patient stories can be used to inform practice?
- Describe the benefits of reflective practice?
- How can nurses use their personal experience of healthcare in learning situations with student nurses or their peers?